Take a look at this photo and tell me what you think...

What gave it away to me was two things

1) If she had been standing next to you like that I think she would have had her arm around you or vice versa

2) The lighting on her face vs. yours. Hers appeared to have flash while yours didn't. It was very subtle but just a little off to my eye.

Excellent job though, esp on the size ratio!

AlisonS said:
1) If she had been standing next to you like that I think she would have had her arm around you or vice versa

What's funny is in the original, she was standing next to her (at the time) boyfriend, and neither one of them had their arms around each other! :shock: :LOL:

I didn't realize it was photoshopped, but I was going to say it looks like a cardboard cutout of your wife. it's sort of flat looking, might be a slight angle shift in the light. I wouldn't have guessed it was added though.

I spotted it at the first instant.

Like Ali mentioned, the lighting is different.

You might want to consider cloning out that ribbon or whatever you call it. What is a Beauty Pagent runner-up doing at the race track? Promotion?? Yes, but with the ribbon??

:)

very good... but can i suggest a couple of things i might have done different?
you don't look like you are 'with her' and it does look a little out of place wit hthe sash and the pit lane... i might have had you and her cut out on different layers and put her on the left of you slightly overlapping so it lookes like you could have your right hand on the small of her back if you know what i mean.. like a bit more personal...
But well done for ge also i would have done a much tighter crop on the two of you and possibly gaussian blurred the background ever so slightly to create a little dof and added a touch more focus to the happy couple.
But well done for what you have here! it's looks very good and i know how hard it is to match tones and image quality sometimes... :)

Scott WRG Editor said:
I didn't realize it was photoshopped, but I was going to say it looks like a cardboard cutout of your wife. it's sort of flat looking, might be a slight angle shift in the light. I wouldn't have guessed it was added though.

That would've been my guess, I thought you were standing next to a cardboard cutout. Literally.

Good suggestions and comments, everyone. Thanks! I agree that the photo still isn't perfect. I'm pretty pleased with it, though, considering one photo is 10 yrs old and one is 4 months old. :D :thumbsup: I figure it'll print to a 4x6 and look pretty natural, at least to the casual observer.

Most reactions

Back