take me out to the ball game - royals v. red sox

fpereira

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, last night I got the chance to catch my hometown team, the Boston Red Sox, play against the Kansas City Royals here in KC, where I now make my home. It was particularly exciting because it was the return of Curt Schilling to the starting rotation. Unfortunately, the Red Sox lost, but it was fun to be at the park (and I'm thankful the red sox don't stink as bad as the royals do). I got my digital rebel a few weeks ago and I'm basically trying to take photos all the time now, so I took it with me to try and capture some moments. I thought I would be a little closer to the action, but I was close enough to get some decent shots. Here are a few:

kcr-2.jpg

This is a panoramic shot of the ballpark, came out quite nicely with the dark clouds moving in.

This is Manny Ramirez standing at second base during a break in the action.

manny.jpg

This is Curt Schilling warming up.
curt.jpg

I used my 28-200mm lens for these, I was able to get alright shots at 200, but wasn't able to zoom in as close as I'd like with sports shots (the above 2 were cropped of course to show just the players). I was jealous of the press guys with their telephoto lenses down on the field lol Anyway, hope everyone enjoys these.

they let cameras into the park out here, different parks have different restrictions. i think they frown upon long zoom lenses though. the "security" guy asked if my lens was zoom, and i said "no, that's just the one that comes with it" everyone and their mom takes cameras to the game though.

Well the pics aren't showing up for me for some reason which sucks :( I wanted to see them, so I'll check back later, maybe the server is just down or something...

But I must say this, THE ROYALS SUCK :lol: I'm aloud to cuz the big MO is my home, and I'm a Cardinals fan all the way :) I was really hoping the Royals would break the record for most consecutive losses, they were darn close :lol:

i updated the url to my photobiz server instead of geocities. i live 10mins from the stadium, but i only go when the sox come to town (i've been here a year and a half and the sox have come into town twice since i've moved). it's funny how the fans get all excited like they're winning a world series or something, they get quite obnoxious (and i know obnoxious, boston people are the worst). i guess they should be allowed to celebrate since it's a rarity nowadays lol

Yep they're workin now :) Nice shots, you were able to get nice and close on them...I'm guessing you had decent seats since they're games have been so empty lately :lol: Great job with the pano :)

Most reactions

Back