Taken from the Air

PilotPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

First couple of photos here, just signed up on photobucket so heres my first few...I don't claim to be a pro...far from it! looking for ways to improve so any comments would be really useful,

1.This was taken on a flight in Arizona after a storm.
rainbow.jpg

One of the main probs with takin photos from the plane is I keep gettin glare/reflections of the windows, its ruined so many good photos, I need to get to grips with Photoshop anyone know a suitable tool on there?

drama.jpg

Again more rain in the desert.

cool thanks, how do the colours look to you? I use a Canon 450D and find a lot of the images I've taken look kinda washed out and very faded almost. I think its a combo of the fact they are taken in the desert so obviously theres a lot of light but I dont think the camera deals with it too well either.

Is your monitor calibrated?

The colors don't look faded to me -- actually, I'm pretty impressed. You might have some color-calibration problems (or might be viewing them in a problem that doesn't do color management correctly).

The photos ARE a bit dark and muddy, but I can understand that with the massive dynamic range they need. Overall, I'm pretty impressed though.

thanks all for the comments, my monitor is just a basic laptop monitor so its not calibrated to show true colour, it is just how it came from the factory. Those two pictures I posted don't look too faded but a lot of the other photo's Ive taken when there is a lot of light came out looking quite faded in general, ill try get an example on here for you. I think it could be the lens that I use with the camera is just not high quality (its the standard lens) and it struggles with large volumes of light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back