Taking a cam into a public toilet

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was reading Havoc’s post on past date film and when people started talking about freezing and condensation, I was reminded of some advice i was given by a sales person at the Eden Project.which is a glorified green house.

I had forgotten to bring a camera(???) and had decided to purchase a Fuji Disposable, however before I entered the Tropical Biome, the sales assistant advised me to unwrap the camera and take it into the toilets and run it under a hot air hand dryer, the reasoning behind this was to heat up the camera so that when I entered the Tropical Biome condensation would not form inside the cam. The looks I had from people inside the toilet when I whipped out a camera and started “drying” it have put me off doing it again! :shock: Mind you it did take some cracking shots! :D

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sounds like an awful lot to go through to get some shots, but it sounds like it was worth it ... i dont think i would have brought my camera anywhere near that place, to scared something may happen :sad anim:

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dew said:
sounds like an awful lot to go through to get some shots, but it sounds like it was worth it ... i dont think i would have brought my camera anywhere near that place, to scared something may happen :sad anim:
I wonder if George Michael ever took his there :D

dlc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the best way to dry your camera and lens if you get caught in a heavy downpour. This happened to me at Kitty Hawk NC and I never had trouble with the camera.

havoc

Jedi something or other
Reaction score
Wow i thought this thread was going to go somewhere else LOL. You must do what you gotta do to get, "THE PERFECT SHOT!" LOL

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
now i'll risk breaking a limb than get my camera wet (im on digital, too much risk involved) :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics