Taking a cam into a public toilet

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was reading Havoc’s post on past date film and when people started talking about freezing and condensation, I was reminded of some advice i was given by a sales person at the Eden Project.which is a glorified green house.

I had forgotten to bring a camera(???) and had decided to purchase a Fuji Disposable, however before I entered the Tropical Biome, the sales assistant advised me to unwrap the camera and take it into the toilets and run it under a hot air hand dryer, the reasoning behind this was to heat up the camera so that when I entered the Tropical Biome condensation would not form inside the cam. The looks I had from people inside the toilet when I whipped out a camera and started “drying” it have put me off doing it again! :shock: Mind you it did take some cracking shots! :D

sounds like an awful lot to go through to get some shots, but it sounds like it was worth it ... i dont think i would have brought my camera anywhere near that place, to scared something may happen :sad anim:

Dew said:
sounds like an awful lot to go through to get some shots, but it sounds like it was worth it ... i dont think i would have brought my camera anywhere near that place, to scared something may happen :sad anim:
I wonder if George Michael ever took his there :D

This is the best way to dry your camera and lens if you get caught in a heavy downpour. This happened to me at Kitty Hawk NC and I never had trouble with the camera.

Wow i thought this thread was going to go somewhere else LOL. You must do what you gotta do to get, "THE PERFECT SHOT!" LOL

now i'll risk breaking a limb than get my camera wet (im on digital, too much risk involved) :lol:

Most reactions

Back