Taking photos of a projected image

yetti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How would you take projected photos? There is light from the projector in the image. Is it possible to minimalize the effect somehow?

Example: http://www.projectorreviews.com/infocus/in83/index.php

I would expect the bottom part of the image to be lighter because of the light from the projector. How come that it is not true?

Thanks for your answer

Because a proper projector screen should diffuse light evenly and not glare?

What do you mean light from the projector? I thought that was the point.

I am not sure what you mean. As Garbz said, a projector in combination with a good screen should given an evenly lit image.

Thanks for posts.

As far as i know there is visible light from the projector. There are light rays from the projector to the projection screen. But no rays are visible on the photos.

Thanks for posts.

As far as i know there is visible light from the projector. There are light rays from the projector to the projection screen. But no rays are visible on the photos.

light rays are only visible if they go through dust or vapour where they are reflected in various directions. In a clean room you do not see any.

Cool, you're probably right. Thanks :thumbup:

Indeed furthermore they should not be noticeable when looking at the screen. Think a tiny tiny reduction in contrast. It's like the cinema. You don't see the light rays until you turn around and look in the direction of the projector with a black background.

Most reactions

Back