taking photos of dogs (and other animals)?

christopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djedhi.net
I've been commissioned by a friend to take pitcures of her dog and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice.

Thanks in advance. (sorry about the vagueness of the question, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do/what kind of shots I'm going to be taking - I'm still taking mental inventory of how I could do this...)

oh yeah, she wants me to take colour photos (and.. :oops: I haven't really used colour film before...) and one roll of black and white (which I'm fairly used to)

thanks in advance!

i guess of course u want to get some portrait shots ... i would also take photos of the owner and the dog together, like playing .. sitting on the sofa together ... perhaps do something offbeat and put a hat on the dog or a remote control in his paw (something offbeat and "human-like" ) :lol: ... maybe them both sitting at the dinner table with a plate in front of him and a napkin around his collar :lol: .. put a scarf around his/her neck ... if its a girl .. the owner can pretend to put lipstick on the dog .. she may really dig those

if you're using color film, u may want to look into some filters to prevent color cast (sorry i cant help u there, im still new to film) ... but definatly get some b&w's too :D ... sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun

You're going to want fairly fast shutter speeds with animals as they don't sit still. If you're shooting outdoors that shouldn't be a problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back