Taking photos of police officers could be considered a crime

The last ideration of this got locked due to it getting political.

I live in the US and this does not apply to me and I personally see no signs that it will as I was literally surounded by police when I took these. I was left completely unhasseled despite the nature of the photos.

The last ideration of this got locked due to it getting political.

sorry i did not know that im new here i dont mean for this toget
political was just wondering what other thought of it . but the nature of this article is political so i guess it will end up there?

and i live in the United States too. This does apply to you as well because what happens in Brit also happens here. also when did you take thous pics ?

there is a case in CA where an BART officer was photographed shooting a man in the back and they offciers tryied to take away the cameras!

sorry i did not know that im new here i dont mean for this toget
political was just wondering what other thought of it . but the nature of this article is political so i guess it will end up there?

and i live in the United States too. This does apply to you as well because what happens in Brit also happens here. also when did you take thous pics ?

there is a case in CA where an BART officer was photographed shooting a man in the back and they offciers tryied to take away the cameras!

A week or so ago, those are reasent.

And for your refference, this sounds like a case of the officers trying to cover their asses. I know of the inncodent you are reffering to, he shot an unarmed man, it's only natural for him to try to eliminate any evidence of wrongdoing, it's insteinctive. Also his collegues are also put into a position to try and suppress negitive press to the Bay Area Rapid Transit Authorities. Keep in mind that officer is being tried for murder.

Additionally, this happens frequently with security guards and secondary police forces like BART officers and the like. If you ever find your self in a position like that, Call the city police department.

Seems like a law that will get very overly abused in an effort to keep things for becoming acknowledged by the general public.

How would we document the news?
427767552_d41a6d2723.jpg

Even Popular Photography has included a number of incidents of photographers being hassled and arrested in the U.S. Amtrak in New York had a photo contest related to its trains and then the security guards were arresting and hassling photographers who were taking photos for the contest. The most priceless incident was a news station interviewing an Amtrak exec. on television at a station. The exec. said that NO, photos were not forbidden, when security guards came up and threatened the news people if they did not put away their cameras.

skieur

The most priceless incident was a news station interviewing an Amtrak exec. on television at a station. The exec. said that NO, photos were not forbidden, when security guards came up and threatened the news people if they did not put away their cameras.

skieur

I saw that. Good stuff.

i don't know if its getting worse or if the freedom of the internet its making it easier for people to post news like this

Sounds like we're becoming England....

i don't know if its getting worse or if the freedom of the internet its making it easier for people to post news like this

It's getting worse. The freedom we have to spread the news is just letting more people know how bad it's getting.

Most reactions

Back