Taking Pictures of students for a school Project...

KrisTheZombie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay so i'm an armature photographer and my class wants me to take pictures of all of them for a project...I'm really used to just doing nature//animal photography but i said i was up to it....I'm kind of nerves though since this will be my first reall time taking reall pictures of people...i dont want them to hate it.I'm also not really sure what kind of lighting well have...

So i guess im just looking for a bit of advice. i'll be taking a picture of each of them holding something that represents them....

Oh, and if it helps, i have a Olympus e-520 and this is my photography site. love4Havok on deviantART

Thankyou!!

Are you expected to pose the students? Like, everyone takes a turn sitting in one seat and you take their photo? or do you shoot them in the process of learning or are you shooting them in a group?

Answer those questions and I'll try to give more help. Otherwise, shoot a lot, have lots of free memory and batteries on hand.

no...We have a project...i'm 16. sorry if i didnt make that clear. lol im kinda tired.

Are you expected to pose the students? Like, everyone takes a turn sitting in one seat and you take their photo? or do you shoot them in the process of learning or are you shooting them in a group?

Answer those questions and I'll try to give more help. Otherwise, shoot a lot, have lots of free memory and batteries on hand.

I'm pretty sure they'll be standing individually. I don't think they want poses. it sucks because they wouldn't give me answers to this stuff when i was asking them at school. it was kinda just thrown at me lol

Find a well lit room or space, turn your flash off if there is enough light, set your AF point to the center of the frame and focus on the eye of the subject.

If posing is an option, don't shoot people straight on, have them turn to one side and then turn their face to the camera.

Shoot at the largest aperture you have (so smallest F number probably 2.8 or 3.2), you can do this in A or Aperture priority mode. Set your ISO at 400 or 800. Make sure your shutter speed is about 1/60 or faster.

What kind of camera/lens are you using?

Find a well lit room or space, turn your flash off if there is enough light, set your AF point to the center of the frame and focus on the eye of the subject.

If posing is an option, don't shoot people straight on, have them turn to one side and then turn their face to the camera.

Shoot at the largest aperture you have (so smallest F number probably 2.8 or 3.2), you can do this in A or Aperture priority mode. Set your ISO at 400 or 800. Make sure your shutter speed is about 1/60 or faster.

What kind of camera/lens are you using?

Unless he needs it, I don't see why he would set the ISO so high. It will only introduce useless noise. Note that I said "unless he needs it".

Unless he needs it, I don't see why he would set the ISO so high. It will only introduce useless noise. Note that I said "unless he needs it".

I'm working under the assumption a 16 year old wouldn't have access to have fast glass, but ya never know.

Most reactions

Back