Taking the Other Direction

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
B & W.jpg

Could just be my monitor, Dean, but this looks to be on the dark side. Overall, the tonal range looks good - very good in fact, and sharp as a briar - but it just looks too dark.

My two cents. :)

Could just be my monitor, Dean, but this looks to be on the dark side. Overall, the tonal range looks good - very good in fact, and sharp as a briar - but it just looks too dark.

Same here; the image is quite dim...and even though there is a huge tonal range,all the way from specular highlights to white highlights to mid-tone grays and way down to deep, solid blacks, there is a lack of brightness to the shot.

Afraid I have to agree, just a little to dark.

Same here; the image is quite dim...and even though there is a huge tonal range,all the way from specular highlights to white highlights to mid-tone grays and way down to deep, solid blacks, there is a lack of brightness to the shot.

And that, boys and girls, is why we don't use Windows Photos app to convert to B & W ;). This concludes our lesson for the day ;)

You are all definitely right. I don't remember the preset I used now Lol.

Much better!

Definitely better!

I would crop a bit tighter around the building to get rid of that bit of vehicle on the left of the frame. I'd also consider cloning out the wind sock. And it looks just the tiniest bit slanted - maybe straighten a smidge. Though I could be wrong - it looks straight and then it doesn't...it's totally messing with me ;)

Otherwise, I love how subtle it is.

Definitely an improvement! :)

While I do agree, on second look, that the bit of vehicle/signage on the left frame is a mite distracting, I rather like the dear old wind sock - it's such an airport kind of thing, and we're definitely looking outside the hangar. It's a nice capture.

Even better - tighter. The wind sock now rests neatly in the upper left corner and becomes a stronger element in the shot. A photo can be busy without being full of distractions, but you must remove what doesn't belong (clutter).

Take a good look at your first post as compared with this one - you've learned a lot just from this one image. :)

Haha, thank you. I would like to take the credit, but I was just following direction of you generous members.

Ooh, definitely better. And yes, leaving the sock in was the right choice. :) It's such a slight change but it makes the whole image feel stronger and more purposeful. :icon_thumleft:

Most reactions

Back