TAKING THE PLUNGE!

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taking a poll for final lens purchase question for a Nikon D7000. I'm basically looking for this lens to be a walk around lens, good in low light, sharp and good contrast, with potential macro/slight wide angle capabilities. I've researched and read reviews on all and they were all good so, just wondering what TPF thought? If this post bothers anyone because I've asked several questions, just pass on over it. Thanks. :D

1. Sigma DC Aspherical Macro IF 17-70mm F/2.8-4.5 Lens For N... $439, new

2. Sigma EX DC Aspherical Macro IF 18-50mm F/2.8 Lens $429 new

3. Sigma Macro 17-70mm F/2.8-4 HSM DC OS Lens For Nikon $419, new

5. Sigma EX DF Aspherical 28-70mm F/2.8 Lens For Nikon, $330 used

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I mentioned in another thread about Tamron. Have you explored their line of 2.8 lenses? Their 28-75 is a dandy.

The reviews on these lenses claimed these all could do what I listed and what i was looking for. Is this true? If I have to purchase a wide angle for large group shots at a later date, I will.

Yeah? You like it? I hear mixed things about Tamron. How versatile is is andhow is it's macro capabilities? low light?

You've gotta be effin kidding me with another thread AMOMENT! And you've narrowed down your 14 to 6!? Just buy one for effs sake and start shooting with it. None of them are going to be any good unless they are mounted to your camera! <sigh>

I don't know anything about these lenses....but congrats on the new camera. I think you'll notice a good difference.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE EFFIN' KIDDING ME: " If this post bothers anyone because I've asked several questions, just pass on over it. Thanks. :D"

It takes more effort to write a nasty and un helpful response then to just skip over the post don't you think? Well, at least I provided some entertainment and an outlet for you guys to feel superior in. Clearly you see that I am apprehensive about buying a lens...DUH....do you think it requires a mean response? Big EFFIN' deal that I am having a hard time picking a lens and battling over which one. Tragic huh? In fact, I think I should be beraded because of it. I'm thinking save your anger and animosity for those poor children in the Sudan who are being killed every day. Just a thought.......

I'm coming to you guys for adice, because I value it; compliment. Please be kind. If you can't handle the question and it is really that aggrivating to you than I'd hate to know how you react to other things............PERSPECTIVE.....just sayin'

OP regardless of which glass you purchase there are going to be pros and cons. Personally the I would buy the one that's going to give what me want primarily. Or better yet, if there a dedicated camera store in your area try them out there and good luck.

I suggest you hop by your local camera store ... slap those lenses on your camera ... snap some shots ... and compare ... then make a purchase.

mjhoward said:
You've gotta be effin kidding me with another thread AMOMENT! And you've narrowed down your 14 to 6!? Just buy one for effs sake and start shooting with it. None of them are going to be any good unless they are mounted to your camera! <sigh>

Maybe take your own advice and take your camera outside and get off the forum if this is all you have to say. Hopefully the OP makes two more threads at 2 and after she selects one. Its the beauty of the forums, you can post what you need answers to . I get better photography input off a Jeep forum than I do here because most of the posts are like yours....worthless.

dxqcanada said:
I suggest you hop by your local camera store ... slap those lenses on your camera ... snap some shots ... and compare ... then make a purchase.

...jinx!

I'm coming to you guys for adice, because I value it; compliment.

Apparently not :lol: Several of us have taken time to give you PLENTY of advice and resources for making an informed decision. Instead of using that information, you created yet another thread asking the exact same question. Are you expecting completely different responses this time?

mjhoward said:

Maybe take your own advice and take your camera outside and get off the forum if this is all you have to say.

Are you the pot or the kettle?

I get better photography input off a Jeep forum than I do here because most of the posts are like yours....worthless.

Again, are you the pot or the kettle?

Most reactions

Back