TAKING THE PLUNGE!

Discussion in 'Nikon Lenses' started by AMOMENT, Jun 16, 2012.

1. AMOMENT

AMOMENT TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Wow, thanks guysI I want to respond to each of you. I am going to check out the Tamron's as well as, kerbouchard the Nikkor as recommended. I selected those 6 as finals because I know they all have macro capability as well as low light/fixed apertures. They vary slightly in terms of maxiumum and minimum focal length, as you know. Knowing that going awith a few of them would be a good choice is reassurring. I've got kids to put through school so "pissing" away 400-500$, although I have credit, is hard for a mom to do without knowing that it is at least for a product I'm confident in and that I'm hoping I won't have to re-sell if I don't like and lose money on. I'm thinking of eventually picking up a prime wide angle, but that will be later on. I rarely need a wide angle. How is the "bokeh/DOF" in these lenses?

2. ratssass

ratssass TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    ...not sure where in NY you are,but if your in the central NY area (Syracuse),try Ra-Lins........very friendly...you can play with glass in store,or you can rent on very good terms...they consider fri-sun 1 day.As far as a nearest camera store being 40 min. away...that wouldn't even enter my mind if i was spending $4-500...i do that everyday 1 way to go to work.........

3. Nikon_Josh

Nikon_Josh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hahahah, us frickin idiots who cant spell for the 'life of us' maybe don't like dealing with crybabys such as yourself? :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rosy

Rosy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    WORK and these teenage kids are killing ALL my extra time - how are you CHARLIE???

5. Rosy

Rosy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    What's up with APHphoto?? Got too hot in the kitchen?? - Did I spell anything incorrect???

6. zamanakhan

zamanakhan TPF Noob!

35-70 is useless on dx as a midrange zoom, ur going from normal to mild tele. Might as well get a prime.It's true they will loose their value, so buy used!!! It's a third party dx lens, get one from keh, u even get a 6mnth warranty.

7. zamanakhan

zamanakhan TPF Noob!

There are no wide angle primes for dx, or atleast they are not worth it for dx. Only zooms currently, but they are worth it.