Taking the same scene with two different cameras

gmphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am trying to take the same scene with two different cameras to compare HDR compositions from the cameras. I want the images from both cameras to look as closely aligned to each other as possible.

I was thinking I'd get a tripod with quick release, and the quick release plates on the two cameras would have anti-twist so the images would be closely aligned to each other. But I'm not sure if there'd be anything preventing the quick release adapter on the tripod from rotating or moving when I try to switch cameras.

Has anyone tried anything like this before? Is this method likely to be reasonably accurate? Or do you have a better idea?

Many thanks!
Gabe

If I were to approach this I would use a simple tape measure and a fixed board that both cameras could alternatively be sat on. Height taken care of by the board. If lens height is different, just shim the one that needs raising. Horizontal placement on said board with the tape measure.
Workable?

The tripod head will stay stationary so long as all you do is change out the camera using quick release plates. Look at "really right stuff" for some great ballheads and quick releases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back