Tales from a Photojournalist

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As some of you know I am a photojournalist for a daily paper and have been doing it for about a decade. I have seen and done some great stuff in this city but yesterday may have been one of the most well deserved things I've ever seen happen.

I was in our downtown area photographing a former gang member on the corner of an intersection for a story we are doing about parents fighting back against gangs. While I was waiting for some cars to clear out of the shot a transient riding a bike rode by yelling "take my f-ing picture" while flipping the bird with both hands. He rode into an intersection on a red light. Then there was a screech of breaks from a car going through on the green. Transient goes flying off his bike and immediately hops up and starts yelling obscenities at the driver. From the opposite corner a guy walking his dog yelled "you're the one who ran a red light you f-ing idiot." Transient jumps on his bike and rides off. All happened in just a couple seconds.

I might have felt bad for the guy if he had been injured, but he appeared to be fine. That being said, we all know what karma can be. As a cyclist I hate bikers that don't follow traffic laws.

Last edited:
Soooooooo... Where are the photos bro? I always look forward to seeing your images.

To be honest I was a little dumbfounded by what was happening. I lowered my camera when he was yelling at me and couldn't stop watching when he was hit.

I wouldnt have felt bad for him even if he was injured, idiot.

Thanks for sharing that story, it always amazes me how stupid some people are and then turn around and blame everyone else for their own stupid act.

No picture means it didnt happen.

No picture means it didnt happen.

It did. It's amazing how many things in life happen without anyone taking photos.

However, I do have a photo of ducklings. Yes. Ducklings were part of my job today.

050912omgduckies01bw.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back