Talkative Deer C&C

quickdraw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday was my first day with my new dslr and I was lucky enough to find a photogenic deer in one of the local parks. I found that that Av/Aperture Priority seems to be the easiest to work with for me. I can quickly adjust Aperture/ISO/Exposure on the fly and experiment a lot with different settings on the fly.

Anyway, here he is. C&C. TIA! (these photos are begging for a caption)

They look nice and crisp.

Did you take any shots with the whole animal in the frame?

Good shots - the only comment I can offer is that I find the crop a little awkward. It should have, IMO, either been full body (which would have detracted from the face) or just head and shoulders.

I don't think I have ever seen a deer pic with it's mouth wide open like that :O

They look nice and crisp.

Did you take any shots with the whole animal in the frame?

Yeah, I had several... but none of them when I caught the deer with his mouth open like this. I found these the most interesting.

Good shots - the only comment I can offer is that I find the crop a little awkward. It should have, IMO, either been full body (which would have detracted from the face) or just head and shoulders.

I kind of debated on this. This deer had such a thin neck that it looked kind of funny when I cropped it tighter and, unfortunately, I didn't get any of his whole body when he was chomping away on the apple.

Thanks for the feedback.

Most reactions

Back