Talking to Strangers

AmberAtLoveAndInk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.loveandinkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I got out of my comfort zone and shot a candid of a fisherman at my local forest preserve. Though he was shocked when I asked if I could snap a few of him "in the moment" he happily agreed to be my 1 minute model. I think I'll talk to strangers more often :) so don't be shy newbs! Take a pic of a stranger! Anyone have any stranger candids they'd like to share?

I did this a lot while I was in Singapore. One in particular was this gentlemen who was covered huge jewelry and had an infinitely happy look on his face. I was walking with a few coworkers whom were embarrassed that I stopped to ask. I find it strange they were embarrassed "for me" when I wasn't.

My favorite candids are of a fisherman feeding a pelican on the Oceanside Pier. He was so nice and it was pretty hilarious.

I did this a lot while I was in Singapore. One in particular was this gentlemen who was covered huge jewelry and had an infinitely happy look on his face. I was walking with a few coworkers whom were embarrassed that I stopped to ask. I find it strange they were embarrassed "for me" when I wasn't.

Ya it was kind of cool to see his reaction, he looked kind of flattered to have been asked lol. I gave him my card before I left and told him he could see his mug on my website later that night.

$fisherman (1 of 1)-5.jpg

This was my "candid" of the fisherman, not entirely interesting but I didn't want to push my luck by asking for some close-ups lol

I really like the feel of that photo. Makes me miss being back home.

I just walked up to this young couple on an Oregon Coast beach, introduced myself, and asked if they wanted to do a quick, impromptu photo session. They did. I shot a quick set.

MJ and Anna Photo Gallery by Derrel at pbase.com

Turns out they were on their honeymoon, and were down from Vancouver, Canada.

I rarely do this. Yes, I tend to be shy about talking to strangers, but also I am wary of hitting upon a chatty stranger and then getting stuck in conversation, which for me is akin to getting a root canal.

But sometimes it works out (forgive the quality - it's a crappy scan of a print.)

$A velha.jpg

I just walked up to this young couple on an Oregon Coast beach, introduced myself, and asked if they wanted to do a quick, impromptu photo session. They did. I shot a quick set.

MJ and Anna Photo Gallery by Derrel at pbase.com

Turns out they were on their honeymoon, and were down from Vancouver, Canada.

those look amazing! Wouldn't know they were strangers! Look very at ease.

I rarely do this. Yes, I tend to be shy about talking to strangers, but also I am wary of hitting upon a chatty stranger and then getting stuck in conversation, which for me is akin to getting a root canal.

But sometimes it works out (forgive the quality - it's a crappy scan of a print.)

View attachment 70430

she looks about as solid as the rock behind her. Like her serious stature.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back