Tall Palms & Straight Path

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
320-5268.jpg

C&C?

Wow, that is some sweet light here. Was it early morning light, even? When you get a sun like this, you no longer have to worry about contrasts, do you? Very nice ... and quite exotic to my eyes who would not normally see trees like this! I like it.

Right at the crack of daybreak. This is along the shore of Lake Tuendae in the Mojave Preserve at Zzyzx Desert Studies Center. The horizon breaks about 35 miles to the east across the flat Soda Dry Lake. The sunlight passes through so much atomosphere the light is incredible and special. I'll have more of this area now that I'm digging into my d70 photos.

These are California Fan Palms (Washingtonia filifera). Although these were introduced (planted) they are the only native palm trees in the Mojave desert.

The Desert Studies Center has weekend classes available through California State University, Fullerton, Riverside and San Bernardino and Nevada State Las Vegas. I go to learn about natural history, geology and lizards as well as archeology and anything else (literature and poetry) I can find. Even if I don't learn anything it is a great place to hangout.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back