Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Juvenile Red-Shouldered Hawk

talon2.jpg

Last edited:
Great Capture! what a really Nice out in the open shot.

:biggrin-93: - have to keep those talons clean and sharp. BD, very nice capture - right place, right time.

WesternGuy

:biggrin-93: - have to keep those talons clean and sharp. BD, very nice capture - right place, right time.

WesternGuy

Well, yes and no. I was in the right place because I put myself there and I waited for the shots I got today. I will be the first to admit to having my fair share of dumb luck, but I'll also lay claim to patience and positioning. :allteeth:

WesternGuy

Well, yes and no. I was in the right place because I put myself there and I waited for the shots I got today. I will be the first to admit to having my fair share of dumb luck, but I'll also lay claim to patience and positioning. :allteeth:
Couldn't agree more. :thumbyo: Some days I am in the right place and patience gets the shot, Admittedly, "dumb luck" comes up every once in a while. Nevertheless, you have no idea how many times I have gotten into "discussions" about us wildlife photographers being mainly lucky, when you and I know from experience where "the right place to be is" and then timing is a matter of patience which again comes from experience. Some of my better "Africa" shots have been from getting the guide to "position" the jeep in the right place by anticipating where an animal will go and then waiting for the "right time" when it will arrive there. So the long form is "right place" - knowing where to be positioned and how to get there - "right time" knowing time of day to be there, or having the patience to wait for the shot we want, having managed to get ourselves in the right place. There was no way I meant to imply that it was "dumb luck". Sorry if you took it that way. :biggrin-93:

WG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back