Tamron 17-50

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is a good price for one of these in ex condition?

It is the vc model. I know they go for like 650 new, guy has it on craigs list for 350

check Craigslist in your area or ebay. that's where most of us get our price ranges from anyway.
also, we would need to know if you are looking for the VC or non-VC version of that lens.

I've heard people all over the place saying the non-VC model is more sharp.
Honestly, you don't really need it. I have the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 and I've never missed VR.

I'd at least go check it out. At that price if it really is in EXCELLENT shape I'd buy it! Even if you just list on ebay!

I met the guy. Lens looks brand new. He let me shoot some pics with it on my camera. I took them home and checked them out in LR. 1/2 hr. later I was picking it up. Just what I wanted, fast, sharp and the price was right. By the way, he was selling it because he had bought a d600 and needed ff lenses. He said that if he had it to do over he would have kept the d7000. The d600 just isn't that big of a difference. He is a landscape shooter.

Last edited:
I met the guy. Lens looks brand new. He let me shoot some pics with it on my camera. I took them home and checked them out in LR. 1/2 later I was picking it up. Just what I wanted, fast, sharp and the price was right. By the way, he was selling it because he had bought a d600 and needed ff lenses. He said that if he had it to do over he would have kept the d7000. The d600 just isn't that big of a difference. He is a landscape shooter.

You got a great deal! Congrats!

Its a pretty good lens. I got mine for 285 on Amazon used. The front ring was loose, a youtube video and a screwdriver later and I got myself one hell-of-a deal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back