Tamron 17-50mm vc

cmbruno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tamron 17- 50mm vc lens? In particularly in comparison with the Canon 17-55mm lens. I know it's better, or so I've read, but is it worth the outrageous price difference?

i love my 17-50 non vc! its sharp as a razzzzooooor blade.

Hi cmbruno, great lens. I am selling one btw. Contact me through my FB page for details. I will give it to you for a good price if interested, MINT condition

I have only read a few snippets about the new 17-50mm F2.8 VC. For the most part, they have said that it's not any better than the non-VC version, and might be a little worse.

By all accounts, the Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS, is a fantastic lens. Image quality on par with just about any L zoom lens.

I have only read a few snippets about the new 17-50mm F2.8 VC. For the most part, they have said that it's not any better than the non-VC version, and might be a little worse.

By all accounts, the Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS, is a fantastic lens. Image quality on par with just about any L zoom lens.

agree on all accounts. i used to use a tamrom 17-50mm f2.8 vc. it's not really a BAD lens. but it doesnt hold up to the quality of the canon 17-55mm. what camera body are you using? you might want to take a look at this article.

Canon Officially Acknowledges Lens ID Issue « Canon Rumors

dom yo said:
agree on all accounts. i used to use a tamrom 17-50mm f2.8 vc. it's not really a BAD lens. but it doesnt hold up to the quality of the canon 17-55mm. what camera body are you using? you might want to take a look at this article.

Canon Officially Acknowledges Lens ID Issue « Canon Rumors

Thanks for the info! The thing is.... I already have the Tamron 17-50 vc, now what? I didn't see any remedy on that page. Is there one? Or should I be replacing it? By the way, I have a 7D & a 40D!

there is no remedy. it still works for the most part, it just does not utilize the cross type AF points which isnt really a "have to replace the lens" situation.

dom yo said:
there is no remedy. it still works for the most part, it just does not utilize the cross type AF points which isnt really a "have to replace the lens" situation.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back