Annaa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.annaattlid.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys!

I've decided to add a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 to my lens collection, since I really need a good standard zoom to complement my 35/1.8 and my 80-200/2.8. The 28-75 is within my budget - and fits FX (unlike e.g the Sigma 18-50 or Tamron 17-50).

After reading up on it a bit, I've realised that there are two models of this lens - an older one without a built-in autofocus motor, and a newer one with. Some reviews say that the older version is better (faster, quieter). I'm planning on buying second hand, and I've found one of each model but I'm not sure which one will work better for me. I have a Nikon D600. Anyone with this lens, or someone that has used both?

Thanks!
Anna

Well, I got a really good deal on the "new" model, with the BIM, so I decided to go for it. Hopefully the AF won't be too slow - I've had a bunch of slow, cheap lenses in the past so I'm pretty sure it won't be has horrible as any of those, haha, especially not on my D600. I should get it in a few days!

Enjoy. It looks like you are building up a good range of sensibly priced lenses.

Enjoy. It looks like you are building up a good range of sensibly priced lenses.

Thanks! I'm sure I will.
And yeah, I'm trying at least. :) Sold off my fisheye to afford the 28-75, hopefully it'll be worth the swap.

I certainly prefer a good regular Lens to a fisheye. That Lens gets great reviews optically

Most reactions

New Topics

Back