Tamron 28-75 f/2.8

ToddnTN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have read nothing but good things about this lens, however the good things are always followed with "for the price" as in, "This is an excelent lens, for the price"

Does anyone have any experience with this lens on a DX sensor? I am assuming that since it is an FX lens that it should be even better on a DX body.

The paticular one I am looking at is:
Tamron SP AF 28 75mm F 2 8 XR Di LD Lens for Nikon BIM Refurbished 025211097052 | eBay

Any thoughts?

Thanks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well one thing to keep in mind that on the crop sensor the FOV is around 42mm-112 on 1.5 crop & 44mm-120mm on 1.6 crop and another thing is the DOF is pretty Shallow. From I read, optical quality and color rendering is very good providing a good copy. Something on the negative side was lens creep and the zoom is jerky. Looks like a good value & performance for the price.

I have this lens (for Canon).

Mine is terrible at F2.8....practically unusable. I have heard from a few others who have great copies though.

I use to own it. For the price, it's a great lens.
It's not built like the Nikon/Canon version, but it's well enough for normal use.

Ok, I went ahead and ordered it yesterday night from the Ebay posting listed above. Hopefully since it is factory refurbished, it will have gotten an extra look at the factory and be one of the better examples of this lens. I will let you know how it turns out when I get the lens.

Ok, I went ahead and ordered it yesterday night from the Ebay posting listed above. Hopefully since it is factory refurbished, it will have gotten an extra look at the factory and be one of the better examples of this lens. I will let you know how it turns out when I get the lens.
Refurbs are awesome!!! Shoot, I only buy used or refurbished!!! You'll enjoy being able to shoot F2.8 constant, when needed.
Congrats!!!

Its not as good as the modern pro nikon lenses, but comparable to the older nikon pro lenses like the 35-70mm.

Its a bit soft at f2.8, but stop down 1/2 stop and it gets sharp quick.

Ok, received the lens today and took a few test shots outside in dismal lighting. So far so good though. For the price I paid I could not be happier. My copy must be a decent one as I think f/2.8 looks fine. I will post pics when I have better lighting.

Ive always heard that tamron lenses actually perform quite well wide open. Only thing I didnt like is that the colors didnt pop quite as well as the sigma I have.

Most reactions

Back