Tamron 72mm lens on a Nikon 52mm body possible?

BR347213

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all.

Firstly let me state the two piece of equipment I am looking to use together:

Tamron AF Aspherical LD (IF) 28-300mm 1:3.5-6.3 Macro 72mm lens (currently mounted on a Canon EOS Elan II)

and

Nikon D3200 body

My question is...how do I get this lens to mount to this body? Is there an adapter for this or am I out of luck? One that will allow me to still use the AF function would be really helpful but if not that's okay.

Sincerely,
Desperate

Sorry, but those are not compatible. Canon Autofocus EOS mount lenses are not compatible with Nikon F-mount cameras...BUT, the opposite scenario, meaning NIKON F-mount lenses both manual and autofocusing LENSES--- can be adapted to Canon EOS bodies. This has to do with the diaphragm control and,more importantly, the flange-to-film-plane distances that each lens brand uses.

Last edited:
Sorry, but those are not compatible. Canon Autofocus EOS mount lenses are not compatible with Nikon F-mount cameras...BUT, the opposite scenario, meaning NIKON F-mount lenses both manual and autofocusing LENSES--- can be adapted to Canon EOS bodies. This has to do with the diaphragm control and,more importantly, the flange-to-film-plane distances that each lens brand uses.

Thank you for the info Derrel. I should have done far more research before purchasing that lens. Darn. So there's no existing adapter that could make this mount possible? Hard to believe others havnt run into the same issue...

How about this? http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-11-T...eywords=tamron+72mm+lens+adapter+to+52mm+body

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm wondering where you get the 72mm and 52mm figures from. Are you reading the filter thread sizes from two lenses?

I'm wondering where you get the 72mm and 52mm figures from. Are you reading the filter thread sizes from two lenses?

Yes.

Those measurements are for filters, and have nothing to do with mounting a given lens onto a given body (save for reverse-mounting a lens, but that's a different story).

The issue is Canon's lens mounting system is physically larger than Nikon's. Short explanation: The hole in a Canon is bigger than the hole in a Nikon.

Because of this, adapting a Canon-mount lens onto a Nikon body becomes a problem as the lens cannot be placed at the correct distance from the sensor/film plane so it can still maintain focus at infinity. Yes, it's possible to produce a mechanical device that will allow them to be physically attached, but then it's a matter of optics.... you won't be able to focus beyond a certain distance.

Yes.

Those measurements are for filters, and have nothing to do with mounting a given lens onto a given body (save for reverse-mounting a lens, but that's a different story).

The issue is Canon's lens mounting system is physically larger than Nikon's. Short explanation: The hole in a Canon is bigger than the hole in a Nikon.

Because of this, adapting a Canon-mount lens onto a Nikon body becomes a problem as the lens cannot be placed at the correct distance from the sensor/film plane so it can still maintain focus at infinity. Yes, it's possible to produce a mechanical device that will allow them to be physically attached, but then it's a matter of optics.... you won't be able to focus beyond a certain distance.

Ouch. Tough pill to swallow. what to do now...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back