Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 300mm f5,6-Canon EF

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new and had a question about the Tamron Adapt-A-Matic line from the 70's. Since I was born in 1996 This lens is twice as old as me and I have no clue of what I got in my hands. I got a Canon 70D so I need a converter from Adapt a matic (the mount of the lens) to EF. Now I know that canon's ef mount was introduced with the eos 650 in 1987. So it's impossible to find a direct converter from adapt a matic to ef. What do you guys recommend me?

I found a miranda mount thing is this the same thing as an adapt-a-matic?

Hi, I'm new and had a question about the Tamron Adapt-A-Matic line from the 70's. Since I was born in 1996 This lens is twice as old as me and I have no clue of what I got in my hands. I got a Canon 70D so I need a converter from Adapt a matic (the mount of the lens) to EF. Now I know that canon's ef mount was introduced with the eos 650 in 1987. So it's impossible to find a direct converter from adapt a matic to ef. What do you guys recommend me?

don't know but you can buy a similar lens that doesn't require any adapters or special mounts and works great on your 70D for only around $100

is there special reason for using a lens twice your age? some kind of birthday thing?

Maybe an adaptamatic mount in m42 thread mount, and then thread that into a lens adapter that is m42 on the front, and Canon EF on the rear?

Not personally familiar with Adaptamatic. But I did own a Tamron 300/2.8 in their Adapt-all II series. I believe Adaptamatic and Adapt-all II mounts might be different.

Check Fotodiox.com site for adapters.

don't know but you can buy a similar lens that doesn't require any adapters or special mounts and works great on your 70D for only around $100

is there special reason for using a lens twice your age? some kind of birthday thing?

Yea I got it as a present and I want to get the best out of it. I already have a 70-200 L f4,0 so it's not about the quality, I just want to experiment with lenses. This one, for instance does not have any coatings, so who knows what happens?!

Maybe an adaptamatic mount in m42 thread mount, and then thread that into a lens adapter that is m42 on the front, and Canon EF on the rear?

Not personally familiar with Adaptamatic. But I did own a Tamron 300/2.8 in their Adapt-all II series. I believe Adaptamatic and Adapt-all II mounts might be different.

Check Fotodiox.com site for adapters.

Yea I found the adapt-all series as wel, but they must be different. Thanks for the tip I will!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back