Tamron AF70-300mm

Andie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, last night I bought a new Tamron AF70-300mm lens for the K100D. Sounds like from what I read online that it's better received than the 28-300mm that costs twice as much. They only had one at the store and it was spoken for, so now I have to wait (and I hate waiting) :)

I know it's after the fact, but does anyone here have any opinions on this lens?

My experience of it so far is that it's fairly good all round... for the money. If I spent a lot more no doubt I could get a lens with noticeably better build quality, sharpness, colour reproduction, wider aperture, less aberrations... but it would cost a lot more. As it is this covers a good range, performs fairly well at most focal lengths (I wouldn't tend to use it near the short end, but I never really do with zooms), is light, has decent autofocus, and has the aperture ring so it can be used with older Pentaxes... and more to the point, it was really really cheap. So I'm happy with it. My only question therefore would be, how much are they asking for it?

ZaphodB said:
My only question therefore would be, how much are they asking for it?

$189 at my local favorite camera store, which I thought really wasn't too bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back