doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there

im thinking of buying a 70-300 mm lens for my canon 350D. Well.........im gonna buy a lens, im just thinking on which one i will take.
Anyways, i saw a Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro on the net. I never heard anyone who has a canon, who also used a Tamron (it was the first time i ever read anything of that brand). They say it will fit on a canon. Just doesnt say which types.
Sooooooo, my question is, has anyone used this brand? And are your thoughts about it?
Thanks for any replies
Greetz Daan

I actually got that lens this summer and use it on my 350d...for the price it's not bad. I was told to get it over Sigma by the Keh people b/c there are issues with the sigmas but not tamron when using digital...not sure if it's true but they're the smart ones I guess :lol:

Anyway, decent lens for the price. They usually need a tad bit of sharpening, but that's easy enough. You might go to a store and compare them to sigmas and the canons, but IMO it's worth the cash you put in it. I use mine quite a lot, but if you're wanting it for macro purposes you might choose something else...

Yeah I've heard about some AF issues using Sigma lenses, but never Tamrons.

Thanks for the replies :)
So its a rather good lens, just not for macro's. Which is kind of a bummer. But i can always buy a macro lens later on. Now i just want to take pics of wildlife and stuff and get them closer then i can do now (18-55mm lens)
But what is the problem with taking macro's with it?

A macro lens is a lens that allows a 1:1 reproduction ratio. This means if I take a photo of a coin, the coin will be life size on the film or sensor (which would then fill the entire frame of an enlargement, depending on the size of the coin). This normally requires a special lens.

The term macro is often mis-used by manufacturers to indicate a lens that allows you to get fairly close up, but if it can't do 1:1 then it's not a macro lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back