Tamron lense for Rebel XTI

melsauto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hai,
I just bought a rebel xti came with a kit lense. I am not getting into professional photography just hobby.

I am contemplating on getting eighther
1.Tamron SP 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD-IF Auto
2.Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC AF

I am new to photography just want to take some family and scenic pictures. Please help me find a decent lens.

Thanks Anjan

Welcome to TPF.

I have a 28-200 Tamron lens for my Rebel XT and find it very versatile (don't have to keep switching lenses as there's a good range). I find it decent enough. but I'm just an amateur photog, so others may have a more informed opinion

Well it mainly depends on what you need. IF you travel alot and would like zoom in nice and close than you will like the 28-300. But if you will be takin more portraits and pictures indoors the 38-75 will be nice becuase of the larger aperture.

Welcome to TPF.

I have a 28-200 Tamron lens for my Rebel XT and find it very versatile (don't have to keep switching lenses as there's a good range). I find it decent enough. but I'm just an amateur photog, so others may have a more informed opinion

Hello is this what you have.AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 XR Di Aspherical [IF] Macro

What other accessories do you need with it lens cover, filter, lense bag etc.

Eeep! I can't remember - I'll have to check the cam when I get home. :blulsh2:

Hello is this what you have.AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 XR Di Aspherical [IF] Macro

What other accessories do you need with it lens cover, filter, lense bag etc.
It's actually an AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR DiII Aspherical [IF] Macro

Welcome aboard.

I finally went and bought the canon EF 24-70mm L, and the Canon Speedlite 580EX II flash.I also bought the canon 50 f/1.8 11 lens.

Thanks for all the suggesstions. The next will be the 70-200 L IS in time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back