Tamron's SP AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD

PhillyPhoton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tamron's SP AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD

In the market for another lens and I really think I'll get the most use out of some zoom, so I came across a review of this lense in ShutterBug (March 2011) and it seems like a really decent lense at a very decent price. It will work with both a full frame and APS-c sensor, the author says in conclusion that the lens blew him away, not sure if this is a lot of fluff, wanted to see if anyone here had a different/similar opinion as this is my first lense other than the kit lense, Im in th process of trying to educate myself on lenses, and I thought picking the camera was hard!
the street price is 449.00 per the article, also was wondering how this compares to the sigma 70-300APO Macro 4-5.6 which is significantly cheaper!

Last edited:
I have the Canon version. And I like it better than my Canon IS 70-300mm. at 70mm f/4, it is much sharper than the Canon version. And the front lens element will not rotate. And it is a full time manual focus lens.

Technical Review from photozone
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP Di VC USD (EOS) - APS-C Format Review / Lab Test (aps-c)
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP Di VC USD (EOS) - Full Format Review / Test Report (FF)

There are some examples in POTN.
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD - Canon Digital Photography Forums

thanks Dao, I think Im sold on this lens, time to break the news to the wife :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back