Taronga Zoo lions and tigers

steve_sydney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, been ages since I've posted here. Here are a few of photos of lions and tigers I took at the zoo on the weekend.

67400164_0e58d6ad1e.jpg

67398660_da4205c288.jpg

67398659_ea0e88db00.jpg

67398658_8f31b14ba3.jpg

Let me know what you think?

Steve

Wow! Love them all, but that first one. :thumbsup:

Guess that anti-lion-bite-spray works a treat. You look really close. :)

I wish mine from the zoo were that good. Great work!

Cheers, we were lucky enough to have all the lions and tigers sit right up near the glass. It was a rainy overcast day too, so the lighting was nice and consistent.

The first lion pic is absolutely smashing. All that detail in the "eye lashes" and the "moustache" (I know they are not that but hairs to feel things with...) and the lioness's and lion's faces so neatly lined up... that was just a perfect situation, well spotted and even better photographed. Cool!

And the tiger looks like he's contemplating something... I would imagine "Calvin's" "Hobbes" (not ours here!) would lie like that as "The Yellow Danger" to jump at "Calvin" the moment he comes home from school and through the door ;).

To my eyes, this looks perfectly like "nature" ... artificial as the surroundings in a zoo might be. Since you haven't been here in ages, you may not know we have a new forum for "Landscape and Nature Photography", so you put it in "General"... I'll move this over to "Landscape and Nature" for you, ok?

Hey great shots mate. its been nearly a year I think since Ive been to Taronga Zoo..
These are fantastic shots and you should be proud of them...

Thanks LaFoto, I wasn't sure if pictures of animals in captivity would be well accepted by the Landscape and Nature lovers.

Great shots...That first one just rocks.!!!!!!!!!

nice series you have done well to get no flare or reflection off the glass, it looks almost as if you are sitting right next to them

Cool, thanks again everyone. Here are a couple more from the shoot.

67398663_9a29f6cf83.jpg

67398661_e3be2bf4d5.jpg

I would have loved to not have this one so tightly cropped to the bamboo thingy framing the tiger, but unfortunately the enclosure isn't that big at all.

Most reactions

Back