Tate- Model Portraits

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of my favorite shots from a recent job.
Shot using the original Canon 5D.

Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens, set to f/9, 1/160th sec, ISO 500. Lit using a constant LED ring light, a silver reflector, and sunlight.
_MG_3849.jpg

Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro usm lens, set to f/2.8, 1/250th sec, ISO 320. Lit using natural light and a silver reflector.
_MG_3892.jpg

Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro usm lens attached, set to f/3.2, 1/500th sec, ISO 100. Lit using all natural light and a silver reflector.
_MG_3766.jpg

A fine set. The bokeh in the second is sublime.

Wow, he's an intense looking young man. The 1st has much going on that I like, so it's my pick.

Not a criticism but that's some Adams apple that lad has. Very defined and I feel, contributes greatly to his overall look and appeal.

Number two is absolutely phenomenal. Great posing, framing, light, and technical execution.

Numbers 1 and 3 are good photos, but don’t evoke any strong emotional response in me the way the second does. Strictly personal preference I’m sure.

Number two is my favorite of the set.

The simi-goth aspect of No. 1. Would love to see an expanded set of it.

Not a criticism but that's some Adams apple that lad has. Very defined and I feel, contributes greatly to his overall look and appeal.
Yeah, it's something I noticed while editing his set. I had considered whether I could reduce it or not in post, but ultimately decided that it would be a level of alteration that is unnecessary.

Number two is absolutely phenomenal. Great posing, framing, light, and technical execution.

Numbers 1 and 3 are good photos, but don’t evoke any strong emotional response in me the way the second does. Strictly personal preference I’m sure.
Thank you so much.

The simi-goth aspect of No. 1. Would love to see an expanded set of it.
I'm particularly happy with the feel of that one. I do have another from that part of the shoot that I didn't include in the post.
_MG_3841.jpg

Most reactions

Back