Taylor Studio Shoot (C&C please)

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

See below for photos from my most recent shoot. C&C appreciated.

DSC_0389.jpg
DSC_0447.jpg
DSC_0455.jpg
DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0512.jpg

I'll be honest; something about this set isn't quite sitting right. I think it's mainly her expression which smacks of boredom and lack on interest. I think the lighting could be a little more dramatic.

Her face seems way too smooth to me. I would pull the retouching back a little bit.

Seems like these were shot with a wider lens? Maybe a 24-70 or even a 50mm?

I'd try getting a little longer lens, at least an 85.

I am not an expert but I had to really look at the pics for a minute because I thought it was a mannequin, then I seen #4 and I knew they were not. I have no idea if that is right or wrong but that is what I initially thought, not sure if that helps or not.

Seems like these were shot with a wider lens? Maybe a 24-70 or even a 50mm?

I'd try getting a little longer lens, at least an 85.

What's wrong with 50mm?

Nothing's wrong with the 50, but for work like this, you're better off in the 85 and up category. I would go for either the 85 or 135 for this sort of shot.

An 85 seems to compress the background a little, giving you more model and less background, without cropping. At least that's what I've noticed.

Hmm.. interesting idea I suppose. I do kinda like the background here though xD

It helps keep the body proportioned also. When using a wider angle lens, especially when shooting down on the person like you did. It makes the head and shoulders appear larger and then the legs really tiny.

Of course it works the other way around too, when shooting lower it makes the legs appear longer and the head smaller.

So this comes down to two things. Shooting at a neutral position (the waist) and using a longer lens (I prefer the 85mm).

Heres a great video to watch the explains everything.

It helps keep the body proportioned also. When using a wider angle lens, especially when shooting down on the person like you did. It makes the head and shoulders appear larger and then the legs really tiny.

Of course it works the other way around too, when shooting lower it makes the legs appear longer and the head smaller.

So this comes down to two things. Shooting at a neutral position (the waist) and using a longer lens (I prefer the 85mm).

Heres a great video to watch the explains everything.

I really only noticed distortion in the first image, though, and that was intentional.

Do the others have it too? I can't tell.

I like what you did with the lighting and pose in #4. Agree with the others that the look of her skin in the brighter shots is too smooth.

Thanks for knocking some sense into me, yall.

I've added texture back on the most extreme ones.

The first one I'm personally okay with as-is.

DSC_0447 tex.jpg DSC_0455 tex.jpg

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back