Tea time

nomade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rubiba.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was working on round stuff, using a fed 2 and Tura 400 B&W. I hope I'll get some feed back on this one, because it's getting pointless, good, bad, negative, positive, it doesn't matter, it'll be useful, as long as it is rational. This was taken a while back...

Damn it, it should have been places in B&W forum, sorry...

Moved it.

While I cannot say much about the material you used here, since I am way too unfamiliar with shooting film, developing one's own film and making one's own prints, I can say that I like the natural light and the interesting shadows it casts over your set up of round things, but all in all I feel there are too few round things for the assignment given, or they are not prominent enough, even though, of course, the cup and the saucer and their shadows do show and are clearly the subject. But somehow this one lacks some sort of ... what is the word? Tension? Something to make it more "exciting"? (Well, you may ask me how a still life of this kind can ever be "exciting" and my answer would be a "I-don't-really-know-either", but...)

Somehow I feel that a closer crop (leaving out the dark top corners) and a little less bottom (the room where there now is your sig) could have made this a bit more "to the point" (i.e. the point of photographing ROUND things).

What must stay inside your frame by all means is the rounded shapes of the shadow, of course!!!

All in all I must say I always admire people who follow assignments and set out things to meet those assignments, for I like the creativity that goes into it - I feel I am not really creative, at all, when it comes to this!!! :oops:

Thank you LaFoto for commenting that one, I actually could have included more round stuff, like a tea pot and sugar pot(whatever they are called), but I decided to keep it simple. I created the tension by putting the spoon on the edge, letting the dark shades appear to add more roundness and more shades and light in the background. Probably the crop I have in mind would look nice too...

Here's another photo for round stuff, it's all round, but pretty grainy (same gear), this film had more grain than an iso 1600 film!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back