Teach me

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love B&W, but still learning how to do it correctly. What do you think of this photo? Tweak it to make it better, if you choose to. I learn better by example and explain what you did. Thanks

View attachment 51221

Actually, looking at the image, I think the conversion is pretty good. The blacks in her top are a nice, deep, rich black, her skin tone looks good... I think the main issue is that the exposure on her face was a bit hot to start with, simply because she was looking up, so some of her face tends to get 'lost' because of that. How did you do this conversion?

Here the original. As you can see I cropped it. Her face tones are hot.

I am still green. I never noticed that her nose was at the same height as the brim of the fountain. It wasn't a planned photo, but I hope someday to notice surroundings and other objects any time I take a photo.

Thank you:)

$image-1174033033.jpg

Actually, looking at the image, I think the conversion is pretty good. The blacks in her top are a nice, deep, rich black, her skin tone looks good... I think the main issue is that the exposure on her face was a bit hot to start with, simply because she was looking up, so some of her face tends to get 'lost' because of that. How did you do this conversion?

I agree! Its got a nice composition but it could maybe do with some sharpening. What software do you use?

You could probably play with color channels and get better separation of her face from the background. Fool around with it.

Without color, you're relying on tonality alone to give visual separation of objects, and some things will sometimes blend in unpleasant ways. This isn't bad per se, but could be better, I think.

Thanks everyone! I used PS, and adjusted the color tones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back