Technique identification

dpn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this image online and really like the techniques used to convey a dark but sharp quality. I don’t even know the names of the techniques used here. Can someone identify them? Are there any links to tutorials for these techniques?
http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/dpn_photos/?action=view&current=constructioncalendar000.jpg
Thanks
Dave

It looks like it's been HDR'd. Do a search around here or Google and you're sure to find tons of info on HDR (High Dynamic Range).

thats an HDR, when done properly it is 3 different exposures combined into one. the reason you do that is your cameras dynamic range, the ability to capture the spread from darkest dark to brightest bright, is limited. either the sky will come out well and the truck will be underexposed or the truck will come out well and the sky will be overexposed. the solution is to take 3 pictures and put them together. its a rather simple process, all you need is a tripod (or rock, table, etc) and some software.

HDR Discussions - The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum

Great, Thanks!

Looks like Dodge and Burn with a lot of contrast. The light parts are dodged, the dark parts were dark to start with.

Look at the near side of the dumptrucks. the sides of the trucks are light are light (dodged) but it's still dark not underneath.

I don't think it's an HDR. I thinks it's just some good old darkroom techniques, done digitally.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back