Teleconverters

PhotoPig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:evil: High All!

Can anyone explain to me how teleconverters work......I have a Sigma 70-200 2.8.....will it make it a 140-400 5.6? Is this correct? I REALLY like my Sigma.....nice piece of glass....are there teleconverters any good?

Thanks Again!

Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. - Winston Churchill

you are correct... ive never been a big fan of them, but they are cheaper and easier to carry around than another lens!!!

I convinced a shop to throw in a Tamron 2x teleconverter in when I purchased a then discontinued Tamron 35-105mm f2.8 lens. ( my fav zoom ) It is usually better not to use a teleconverter but I always pack the my Tamron + 2x teleconverter when I don't want to carry extra longer lenses. I've had some really nice pictures with it but I avoid zooming out all the way.

One thing to note... my Tamron 2x teleconverter is _not_ compatible with many of my Canon lenses. So its best to test it out first... probably be safe to stick with a sigma brand teleconverter.

PhotoPig said:
:evil: High All!

Can anyone explain to me how teleconverters work......I have a Sigma 70-200 2.8.....will it make it a 140-400 5.6? Is this correct? I REALLY like my Sigma.....nice piece of glass....are there teleconverters any good?

I have that lens with the 2x teleconverter.....and it works fine....although for action photography....you will find it takes some getting used to since your field of view will become quite narrow....so expect to have a few bad shots untilyou get comfortable with it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back