telephoto lens help

wvmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lets just say i know nothing. lol i just got a canon t3i it came with a 18-55 but i would like a telephoto lens for it. i have ssn a 55 200 a 75 300 anda 55 250 what would be a good one for a newb thanks for the help guys

I'm sure others will have more experience and chime in but I have the T1i and the 18-55 lens as well and am sorely eyeing the 55-250. At first I thought I wanted the 70-300 or whatever it is, but then realized that (unless paying big bucks I don't have) it doesn't have image stabilization. And I have shaky hands so that is important. I used the 70-300 for a few weeks once and though I liked the zoom, the pictures were soft and because of no IS (image stabilization), a tiny bit blurred at times when they shouldn't have been. I got the chance to look through a 55-250 the other night and it was pretty sweet. Couldn't use it because it was on a display camera lol

The 55-250 is a great lens for not a lot of money. The image stabilization is worth its weight in gold. The inexpensive 75-300 can't hold a candle to it. I have both and the 75-300 never gets put on the camera.

Most reactions

Back