TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
canalandhouse019.jpg

canalandhouse015.jpg

canalandhouse011.jpg

the third one was random

sorry but they don't seem to interesting to me and not quite post processing material. i think the best way to improve them would be to read up on some composition and retake the pictures. also the last one is very noisy and as i can see there was a lot of light so be careful with the settings.

your right they are rubbish i kind of knew this i dont really know why i pu them up im boored!!!

don't worry i know the feeling. when you are new to this, it is all to tempting to post photos that you think are good and hope people like them. i know i used to do this and i still do it sometimes but i am more and more selective of what i post. you will get the hang of it eventually, just keep walking!

on the chance that you put them up because you want to learn something consider this advice my artist friend gave me about cropping: don't kiss when you crop. you should either crop right through someone or something or leave all of it in the picture. in the last shot you kissed the girls arm when you should have kept all of her in the shot. if you shot it that way then you're stuck. If I wanted that shot I would keep the whole girl in the shot (including the top of her head) and crop right through the window. you need some of the window to show the source of the light, but you need the whole girl. I think this shot if reframed would be pretty decent.

on the second shot i think you could try it again with the whole trunk of the tree in the shot and move to your left so that when you take the shot the edges of the water form a fifth and sixth line for the shot. you might also try it with a larger aperture to see if you can blur out the distance a bit.

good luck
jerry

can I edit them? Your profile says I can't but I can try something here.

Actually, I really like your 3rd one...

can I edit them? Your profile says I can't but I can try something here.
yea go for it.

hmm i dunno they are pretty rubbish i realise that but thanks for the advise i do appreciate it and i will learn eventually!!!:sexywink:

yea go for it.

hmm i dunno they are pretty rubbish i realise that but thanks for the advise i do appreciate it and i will learn eventually!!!:sexywink:

They arent really rubbish if you learned something from the shots. The first two lack a subject. Weeping Willows are really cool trees and photograph well in the right circumstances.

The shot of the girl your focus is off. The focus looks as though it is on the poster behind the girl. I think if you could have cropped the window out of the shot and moved the light onto her face with the right focus it would have been a nice shot.

Just remember that when learning that every shot is valuable if you learn something from it.

Here are fast edits of the first two in Lightroom. The third one is too washed out which equals lost information so what every you do you can either make it white or black.
canalandhouse019-2.jpg

canalandhouse015-2.jpg

Well on the last I would have used fill flash and, a smaller f-stop to kill the glare.

first two needs better composition... the third one.... the girl has a nice shirt but i dont like the pants... it could be the photo but her arms look kind of hairy

first two needs better composition... the third one.... the girl has a nice shirt but i dont like the pants... it could be the photo but her arms look kind of hairy
hairy arms!!! thats me ha ha ha guess its the light... i hope!!!

Jaszek will you tell em how you did that?? you made em look way better

All done in lightroom
1.jpg

#2 On this one I also did custom exposure on the tree so its not blacked out.
2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back