tell me what ya think...

MotorPsycho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
oldhouse1small.jpg

statue.jpg

Did you crop any already on the first one? If so could you post the original b/c the pic is semi interesting, but the crop only shows part of the guttering which IMO is distracting. I think that it would probably also reveal more feel and emotion in black and white. The second doesn't really do much for me, b/c of subject matter...but I do think that the high contrast suits it well :)

i like that second one...cool contrast between the black and white. it is a little out of focus, but i think how it is focused on the leaves is cool.

i really like the first one...focus is a bit soft, but who said it had to be in focus? i sometimes think the most artistic shots are slightly soft

thanks for the comments guys,

the house isn't a crop, but there was a car, some power lines and plywood that kinda killed the first floor... to me, the color (including the rust in the gutter) is what makes this picture good, although the focus is a little soft. (I think its time to change my contacts, lol) Additionaly, i've seen hundreds of black and white pictures of broken windows they're just kinda, meh, the color makes this one stand out.

the second one is a crop of a much larger picture, in which the focus was on a wheelbarrow(sp?) unfortunatly i didn't like that picture, but this crop of the statue was salvagable... It does look a bit over exposed, but that was done in photoshop, after the fact. Here, i think it is the details of the leaves that make it stand out.

I appreciate the critiques... keep em coming.

tell me what ya think about this one?

oldhouse2.jpg

the medium quality jpg compression affected the upper right hand corner pretty badly, it isn't over exposed or pixelated at all in the original

MotorPsycho said:
thanks for the comments guys,

the house isn't a crop, but there was a car, some power lines and plywood that kinda killed the first floor... to me, the color (including the rust in the gutter) is what makes this picture good, although the focus is a little soft. (I think its time to change my contacts, lol) Additionaly, i've seen hundreds of black and white pictures of broken windows they're just kinda, meh, the color makes this one stand out.

the second one is a crop of a much larger picture, in which the focus was on a wheelbarrow(sp?) unfortunatly i didn't like that picture, but this crop of the statue was salvagable... It does look a bit over exposed, but that was done in photoshop, after the fact. Here, i think it is the details of the leaves that make it stand out.

I appreciate the critiques... keep em coming.

I agree...I would leave the color.

I love the colour in the first one. And I agree that it seems a bit tightly cropped. The focus for me is the overall state of the house, not the window itself. I only noticed the buggered window a little bit later. I love this house but! The sky looks like it's been touched up in PS. Did you burn it in parts... because there's a chunk next to the roof on the left hand side which is lighter than the rest and it looks a little strange. If you didn't PS it, get in there quick!
Colours are amazing.

For me, the second one is too busy. I dunno what I'm looking at. But i really like the idea.

and the third one... I love the sky in the third one! (except for the burnt out bit) I love the house and that tree standing up on its own above all the others. The only thing I don't like is the extra bit of the house on the right hand side. I reckon if the house was just a freestanding block it would look really creepy and choice. (he he good luck in PS!)

Most reactions

Back