TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Untitled.jpg

I am doing it for a contest and we had to redisgn that photo with jeans

Looks like you run the possibility of getting in serious trouble with Time Life, for using their image (copyright infringement), in addition to having to deal with Antique Rivet for using their logo and name (trademark infringement). ;)

I'm assuming that if it's a contest revolving around that photograph that you won't have any issues with Time Life, but unless that specific brand of clothing is required I would drop the Antique Rivet logo completely. It distracts from the entire composition.

The cut out job on the jeans is really sloppy and the drop shadow on the huge logo muddies up the image. You either need to revisit the jeans idea, or clean them up.

Your background is nice, but it seems out of place as directionally it doesn't add to the composition of the piece and clashes aesthetically with everything else. You have a very classic image, and a lot of really modern elements and unless you push the modern aspects of your design a lot more to take advantage of the contrast between old and new, your just left with an image that lacks unity.

if the product is jeans...or the idea behind it is "famous photo...add jeans to it"...i think you need to make the jeans more prominent.
also, if you were told to design around that photo, i think it is a big mistake to put it off to the side and crop it like that. such an iconic photo should be in full view IMO.

can you expand a bit on the instructions you were given?

I agree ^^

take out the jeans logo, or rework it if it is required. It doesn't blend well enough with the river of pants, which btw I think is awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back