Temperature

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that camera raw has a temperature control, but where in PS2 is the corresponding control? Anyone???

The 'temperature control' is an adjustment to the 'White Balance' setting. You can adjust this on RAW files, before they are converted into image files. But once the conversion is done, the WB setting is applied to the image and you can no longer change it in Photoshop. If you shoot in JPEG, right from the camera, you can't adjust the WB at all. This is one of the advantages of shooting RAW.

With all that said, you can obviously still adjust the colors in Photoshop...and there are many different ways to go about it.

Now, I should mention that with a non-destructive editing program like Adobe Lightroom, you don't actually covert the RAW files until the output stage...so you can change the WB or anything else at any time in the editing process. It really is a revolutionary way to work on digital images.

But once the conversion is done, the WB setting is applied to the image and you can no longer change it in Photoshop. If you shoot in JPEG, right from the camera, you can't adjust the WB at all.

This doesn't square with the generally accepted meaning of "white balance." When the white point and black point are set (inside Photoshop) to remove a color cast, that is adjusting the white balance.

I normally shoot in RAW so when loaded to PS it goes auto to camera raw. I haven't paid much attention to using the CR controls, but with your suggestions it seems I need to do some initial editing then.

Thanks for the help......

This doesn't square with the generally accepted meaning of "white balance." When the white point and black point are set (inside Photoshop) to remove a color cast, that is adjusting the white balance.
I assume the original poster was asking about the WB temp slider found in Camera RAW (or other RAW software). Yes, you can adjust the white balance/color in Photoshop...but (to my knowledge) not with a simple non-destructive slider.

I assume the original poster was asking about the WB temp slider found in Camera RAW (or other RAW software). Yes, you can adjust the white balance/color in Photoshop...but (to my knowledge) not with a simple non-destructive slider.

Levels and curves have non-destructive sliders.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back