Tennessee Sunrise

Jarrod268

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out for another sunrise this morning and tried a few suggestions from the last two shots I posted on here. My fences do not lead off of the image now but guide you more through it.

The second shot in landscape orientation...I know I screwed up the composition - my horizon is centered (big no no). I have to watch doing this, I tend to do it frequently.

These were all shot on a hill, the wide angle lens (12mm) increases the look of the hill and perspective distortion is more evident in #3.

Steeple Chase Sunrise-1178-2 by shakes268, on Flickr

Steeple Chase Sunrise Sunstars-1222 by shakes268, on Flickr

Steeple Chase Sunrise -l- by shakes268, on Flickr

Last edited:
nice shots! I'd like to see a landscape shot with the fence running diagonally like #1. Keep at it!

Edited original post to include #3

Last edited:
I think #1 is the best shot. If the foreground was slightly more exposed it would be the tits!

The distortion from the lens is quite distracting though, especially in 3. maybe try removing it in photoshop?

I think #1 is the best shot. If the foreground was slightly more exposed it would be the tits!

The distortion from the lens is quite distracting though, especially in 3. maybe try removing it in photoshop?

Thanks! These were shot in RAW so I can try to bring out the foreground in #1. I'm a little worried about noise though.

As for #3 - I've applied lens correction but since it's not good to center the horizon - any time you attempt not to with a wide angle you end up with some perspective distortion. What do most people do to avoid this? Center the horizon and crop? Don't shoot in the same angle with which I did?

I like them, great use of the fence. The non straight horizon is very distracting though. I shoot mostly wide angle and it usually isnt a problem if you use lens correction or compose your shot with the horizon level. I rarely have to crop to get things level.

I think that the horizon isn't straight to begin with is the difference. Its a large hill. The wide angle exaggerated the hill but its definitely there. In the original you can see radio towers in the background that are all perfectly 90 degrees.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back