Terraces......Editing ideas, anyone?

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a recent trip to Machu, Picchu, Peru.

I've been working on this for a bit. Trying to give it a sense of mystery. Something tells me there are many different directions that I could go. I'm really not sure how to handle the clouds. Feel free to give it a go.

Desi

Terraces by Desi595, on Flickr

Honestly, I pretty much like it as it is, but you could darken the area beyond the pyramid a little for the mystery.

Not sure what you mean by "sense of mystery". Can you elaborate?

WesternGuy

I like it the way it is, but I'd put a little more definition in the clouds.

Steps Before-After.png

I like it as is but wade's edit is also nice.

I think adding that touch of selective brightening/dodging or contrast to the white clouds and to the ridge line below has helped tremendously!

Thanks for the edit Waday! Not just the extra definition on the clouds, but you brightened the greens on the far hillside. I think that helps lead my eye through the image better.

Thanks for the edit Waday! Not just the extra definition on the clouds, but you brightened the greens on the far hillside. I think that helps lead my eye through the image better.
I did brighten/saturate those a bit more. I also slightly edited the steps in the foreground. I had two gradient filters in LR, one for foreground and one for clouds/far hillside.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back