terrible doubts

panocho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
finally i'm ready to restore a damaged lens that i have with a new one. it is the AF zoom. i won't get the same model that i had, though, since i decided to change to a new one...

... the problem is which one? i'm been doing a lot of reading, and find really difficult to decide among these three options:

A. nikkor AF 28-105mm f3.5/4.5 D

B. nikkor AF 35-135mm f3.5/4.5

C. nikkor AF 28-70 f3.5/4.5 D -this one i would complement with a nikkor 70-210mm, of course expending a little bit more...

anyone has any suggestion? what i've read seems not to help much. i like the range that the "option A" covers, but also love the size and lightness of "option C", and then i would be better covered, going for a second zoom... as you can see, i really don't know what to do -and have to decide!!

thanks for your comments. i'm sure they'll help

what lenses do you currently have, and what do you shoot most often? or better yet, what would you be shooting with this lens?

the idea is basically to replace a 35-70mm as an "all-purpose" (???) lens, that one that you put in your camera when you're out for shooting, can't afford carrying extra lenses and are not really sure of what you're going to need...

as fixed ones, i already have what i basically need: 28mm, 50mm and 100mm. the zoom is just to cover a little of everything for those certain occasions.

in case i'd go for the 28-70mm, i'd also get the 70-210mm not really to cover the gap left from 70mm to 105/135mm that the others offer, a gap that doesn't worry me that much, but rather to have something on the tele side (as i say, i have nothing beyond 100mm). I don't use teles, and don't really need them, but having none maybe is too little! something on that side would be nice. on the other hand, both the 28-105 and the 35-135 seem to do better the job of having something flexible for what might come up -even though the 28-70 would make a lighter and more comfortable camera, which something valuable for those occasions... etc

as you can see, i'm really "sinking in the quicksand of my thouhgts... "

If those are your only three options I would go with the 28-105. It works well as a 'Carry around lense' so you don't have to change often. If it were me I would want something wider in my lense arsenal.

I shoot canon, so I can't comment on the quality of these lenses.

Cheers

I'd personally shoot for this

http://www.adorama.com/SG287028NKAF.html

28-70 2.8 sigma. Has a decent zoom range for the all around aspect, and it is fast. Also the 330 pricetag is pretty nice as well. Sigma also makes a lens that is 24-70 2.8 if you want a little wider, but its 100 dollars more

thank you for your suggestions and opinions. Now it is already decided, and finally i went for the two lenses options, having the 28-70 plus the 70-210

I would go with the 28-105. It works well as a 'Carry around lense' so you don't have to change often.

actually i was very close to go for this one, but the compactness of the 28-70 plus the possibility of having something on the tele side made the decission

again, thanks. i'm quite sure i'll be satisfied... can't wait to have them here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back