Test driving the new umbrella kit!

Shane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2142113046_e694bfb266.jpg

view it LARGE http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2153/2142113046_e694bfb266_b.jpg
I took some serious ones but hes one of those people who can't pull off portraits. Took this while he was talking to my mom haha. I'm loving my new kit. 1/200 f./3.5 ISO 400. 2 Vivitar 285's on 1/16'th power bounced off umbrellas. I feel I'm getting more confident. Comments or critique wanted! Tear it apart!

It's an interesting expression, that's for sure. Now, onto the lighting, I think it's well lit. There isn't really any harsh lighting, which I like. There are no distracting shadows. I think it's a good shot. Get a new model :p One that can pull off the serious pose. Or, just let him go goofy. You sort of caught him in between serious and full-fledged joke. But still, I think it's a decent shot.

It seems that there are double catchlights on either side of the pupils which makes it look a bit funnier than his expression.

It also looks as is the flash/umbrella was near head height and casts a shadow that make his nose appear larger than it should.

The pose.....well you already know what's happening there.

Just a couple of nitpicks, but really, you did a good job just test driving.

Thanks a lot. Definitely going to shoot some serious ones soon with a better person hahaha. My brother cant take anything serious.

Thanks a lot. Definitely going to shoot some serious ones soon with a better person hahaha. My brother cant take anything serious.

My brother's the same way. I don't have ONE serious picture of the guy. :er:

Can you do a headshot and show that to us with the new lights?

Yeah definitely. I'm going to do a lot more portraiture seeing as the weather isn't so great right now.

Most reactions

Back