Test shot with new equipment

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess people here don't look through entire posts so I'll put the test photo at the top instead.

Here is a test shot using three flashes! Clamshell setup (key light in front of me/above, fill light in front of me/below and some added side light).

img11311lovy3.jpg

And here is the stuff you decided not to read:

Today I got some stuff I ordered.

Probably the weirdest package I've ever gotten... Yes that is my crib.
img10091bdbci5.jpg

Inside it were more packages...
img10102bdbuf2.jpg

And then the content was revealed!
img10143bdbqg9.jpg

Starfoto 500Ws strobe
150cm octabox (was a pain in the ass to mount on the strobe)
40x60cm softbox for my small strobes
3m light stand for the 500Ws
Radio system

Nice crisp image; just a tad blown out on your cheek in my opinion. Looks like you know how to use the equipment, so all you have to do is find a subject now.... :)

Hehe, I've been shooting with studio lights for a year or so, but 500Ws is a little more power than my old strobes. And I freelance as a photographer so subjects aren't a problem! :)

That is the strangest pack job i have ever seen! Im surprised it survived.

Your mouth/cheek area is blown out. Lots of opportunity for some sick post work though.

are you wearing make-up or is that post processing?

Good lighting and a soft light technique which I overdid a little. :p I can fix it though. That is why it's a little blown out. The clamshell lighting setup pretty much eliminates 70% of all imperfections in your skin so no I'm not wearing makeup. :p

Dude, don't you know that everybody expects perfection on your very first shot with brand new equipment that you have never used before?

:)

Most reactions

Back