TESTING OUT THE NEW SECRET WEAPON. I call it the Gipson stomper. lolol

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Gipson. lol
I knew you would be here. haha
Anyway, I'm just testing something out that's considered somewhat unorthodox.
That is , sticking and MC7 2x macro focusing teleconverter on the camera, topping it with a 25mm extension tube, topped by the Raynox DCR250 and of course the ring flash.
I had some ebay bucks so the converter was kinda free, brand new. It's a pretty nifty piece of 7 element glass.
I know all about degradation of image quality, but I just wanted to test it out.

This is what I came up with. Not too shabby.
This is one of the really small species of hover flies.
Head is about the size of the ball on the point of a pen. Give or take.

6792062081_a329af1043_b.jpg

LightSpeed said:
Hello Gipson. lol
That is , sticking and MC7 2x macro focusing teleconverter on the camera, topping it with a 25mm extension tube, topped by the Raynox DCR250 and of course the ring flash.
I had some ebay bucks so the converter was kinda free, brand new. It's a pretty nifty piece of 7 element glass.
I know all about degradation of image quality, but I just wanted to test it out.

Don't understand what any of that stuff means above ;)
Picture is cool though - I love their eyes!

LightSpeed said:
Hello Gipson. lol

Picture is cool though - I love their eyes!

/\ what she said :)

Nice shot......but watch out for Gipson's dinosaurs.

Hello Gipson. lol

Nice Shot! Did I mention that I sold my Macro lens? Yep.. somebody bought it within minutes of posting it! I am putting together my own secret weapon! BWAAHAHAHAAHHAAAAA! (ever tried to get a permit for home nuclear fission? Ain't easy.. I promise!)

Nice Shot! Did I mention that I sold my Macro lens? Yep.. somebody bought it within minutes of posting it! I am putting together my own secret weapon! BWAAHAHAHAAHHAAAAA! (ever tried to get a permit for home nuclear fission? Ain't easy.. I promise!)

ut-oh
I knew you had something up your sleeve.

Awesome, this site give me a case of the "wants." I want a macro lens now, so i can get those brown recluse spiders in my garage. OH...black widow too....great shots!!

cgipson1 said:

Yep yep! I wonder who is buying it......;)

All I can say is WOW!!! That's quite a shot!! BTW...the two macro lenses I got off evil-bay just came..can't wait (I'm waiting for them to warm up.....the seller (who's been great) advised me to let them warm up before opening the box to avoid condensation....following his instructions.

Hey Light.. did you see the building abstracts I shot yesterday? Just curious to see your take on them! :)

cgipson1 said:

Yep yep! I wonder who is buying it......;)

Yes.. I wonder! :) Probably some fat old guy... who bought it to shoot stamps with! Or maybe it was some Babe... and we will see some really cool (insert item of your choice) shots! lol!

Picture is cool though - I love their eyes![/QUOTE]

What she said. I don't have a clue as to what all that equipment is.

Don't be homing in mon my girl Gipson.
She loves me. Just ask her.

Have no clue what you're talking about but the photos are very cool...as usual.

Most reactions

Back