Testing sharpen on my new Vivitar lens.

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$JAH_7377.jpg$JAH_7449.jpg

I just received the Vivitar series 1 70-210 3.5 lens after being recommended to get it if I should ever run across it. I found the right version for my Nikon out of the five different varieties produced. I came across it after searching for very good MF lens. The lens came in mint condition with the original box and instructions along with all the other papers and books. I love the lens so far since I been using it, it has great contrast just I was told it would and it has a Macro with 1:2 ratio. I'm still getting use to the push and pull style zoom. It is built like a tank being made out of heavy metal leading to the only con so far. It doesn't take long before the weight drains all of my arm's strength. I was researching Katzeye focus screens to help me focus faster and better so I wouldn't be hold it up so long trying to find the sharpness. Trying to watch that little green while using this lens isn't easy at all. I still haven't figured out how to get the beep using MF on the D7000.

I did take a couple of shots testing it's sharpness below. There are all unedited so you can tell me what you think about the sharpness. Did I hit it or missed it?

$JAH_7400.jpg
I haven't had much time to go out use it yet(Air Force keeping me busy) but I will go off base this weekend and see Korea. But until then this is what I had to test it on.

$JAH_7404.jpg
Don't laugh but yes I do have a sweet potato growing in my room, I thought I use this chance to check out the colors the lens can produce. I focused on the center leaf to see how much sharpness I could get on the edges of that leaf. It seem pretty nice and sharp to me.
$JAH_7413.jpg
This picture by far is my favorite taken with this lens so far. I really love the colors of the purple edged leaves and stems.

More info on this lens: Hin's Tech Corner: Vivitar 70-210 "Series 1" f/3.5 from Kiron

Too underexposed to see sharpness - perhaps add light

I will try to fix that after work.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

JAH_7400-2.jpg

JAH_7404-2.jpg

JAH_7413-2.jpg

Ok I raised the exposure of the three images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back