Testing the Olympus E-M1X

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lol.
I have no earthly idea how to use this camera. It has so much stuff on it that it's frustrating.
I guess I was using the electronic shutter for this because it makes NO NOISE AT ALL when you take the picture. It's like , ok press the button, and nothing happens. The lens makes ZERO noise when auto focusing. So it's late in the day, and I have a lot of stuff to figure out. This was just a quick snapshot just to see what's what with this camera. A 40-150mm f/2.8 pro lens was used. Not a macro lens. The focus is so fast it was like, did this thing just do that? Then, I couldn't view the image on the computer. I don't know what program I need to view or edit Olympus raw files. I had to turn it into a jpg just to be able to crop it down some and resize it so it wouldn't take up the entire page, here.
Looks promising to me. I just need to figure it out. If I live long enough.
I do not know how to use this camera. lol

WNaXzG0.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say you're off to a good start there, bro! That looks nice and sharp. You're going to have fun with it, I just know it.

Looks good. Like anything new it takes a while to get the hang of it. But that's the adventure.

I'd say you're off to a good start there, bro! That looks nice and sharp. You're going to have fun with it, I just know it.

This M.Zuiko lens is amazing! It's really good. It feels like silk and it's silent!. Hard to explain.
Here, below, is just a snapshot at f/3.5, 1/2500. I just wanted to see what depth of field would be like. The color accuracy is out of this world.
This is definitely better than what I've been using.
My M.Zuiko f/2.8 macro lens will be here tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about that after testing this 40-150mm.
So anyway.....
Jeff, and Stapo, I see you up there. Thanks you guys for your support. Means a lot to me.
Be well fellas,
LS6
pVxMC52.jpg

You definately have a winning combination in your hands. Another nice really shot.

Glad to see the new setup's treating you well.

Glad to see the new setup's treating you well.

Not yet.
I'll be working on it. I bought that book. It's not here yet.
You a good guy Darrell. Been knowing that for a long time.
I hope you are well. And my message finds you, well.
LS6

I checked out a couple YouTube reviews on the 40-150 f/2.8 Pro lens...seems like a very fine piece of equipment! I also saw some Amazon ads for some low-priced Prime lenses... very low cost, 35 to 100 dollars. Seems like the m4/3 cameras have finally been refined to a very high level... you own the latest and greatest m4/3 ever made.I know you'll enjoy it.

Bokeh? Micro 4/3's?
Yep! Bokeh is possible! The people that say otherwise have never touched a m43 camera. :)

This thread has answered my question in your other one. I’ve been drooling over the 40-150 for such a long time, but the stars just haven’t aligned.

Most reactions

Back