TESTING THE WATERS

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
iUhjLhSDRFqfYofNkWfKvA_thumb_7a61_Fotor.jpg

Testing The Waters ~ Six month old Labrador Retriever pup JACKSON is seen here testing the waters. The water here in New England is still quite cold and will remain so late into May. I am letting JACKSON explore the water at his own pace and whilst distracted in play with my older dogs.

A gun dog retriever in training, JACKSON will spend much time throughout his life in the retrieval of downed waterfowl in very cold waters. A gradual and comfortable introduction to water is highly important in the enhancement of a retriever's innate love for water and swimming.

I%%l9DLAQjei%Eu5TRsCkw_thumb_7a93_Fotor.jpg

Riding The Wave ~ JACKSON is seen running through a vernal pool with the joyous crashing entry into water typically associated with high drive Labrador Retrievers. All of his water work at this stage in his training is kept short due to low water temperatures and with a focus on fun. Our trainee JACKSON'S time spent in the water is totally left to his own initiative to do so at this stage in his training. JACKSON is exhibiting the love of and bold approach for water that I hope to see in a young retriever gun dog prospect.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Most reactions

Back