Tet Festival in SD; C&C welcomed

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got a good chance to test out my flash. I am pleased say that for a beginner like me, the Speedlite 430EX is a great value. At first, I tried using the flash in TTL but I got a little frustrated when I started noticing a range of exposures in my series of photos. Perhaps being the newb that I am, I did not correctly meter each shot. I think maybe when I AFocused on the subject, it changed because most of my subject were moving. I may have AFocused on a face in one photo, then her hair or dress in the next shot. Whatever the case, I decided to go into Manual on my flash. I didn't have the flash exposure formula thingy memorized in my head but the trial and error process was painless. For me, this produced a more consistant range of exposures which made it easier for me to process. Here are a few shots using flash. Below those, are some random shots at the festival.

**I just noticed that a couple of my shots have a very slight "red eye" problem. I guess this goes with the territory when taking flash photo of subjects with brown eyes. :grumpy:

462666593_V797b-L.jpg

462666822_S3gJa-L.jpg

462667023_uXke2-L.jpg

462666485_tyBe4-L.jpg

461992721_KNAPZ-M.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back